Monday, November 19, 2007

We're Thankful for Turkeys like Easton and Luke



We had our "Being Thankful" family home evening with the boys tonight. Lindsey told us a story about the importance of being thankful for the blessings we have. She tied-in the story of the 10 Lepers that the Savior healed and only one returned to say 'thank you.' For our activity we helped the boys make this awesome Winco Foods turkey, they had a blast!!! We stuffed the turkey with pages from an old phone book. The boys thought it was pretty awesome to tear and crumple page after page. They both helped color the turkey's head and feathers. I think they are ready for Thanksgiving!

The picture with the water is our version of "A River Runs Through It." The ditch in our backyard goes from empty to four feet deep over night when it rains. We thought it was a very telling picture of just how wet the Great Northwest can be.

4 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

What a clever idea for FHE. I wish I could be as creative as you Lindsey! Well, I guess the beans are spilt (is that a word?). I am expecting our third baby in June. Crazy huh? I can't blieve it myslef, but the sickness keeps reminding me that it's real.

Jessie said...

Hi Lindsey! It's so fun to see your cute family. Lovin the turkey and lovin your great pictures.

...Mrs Gallagher* said...

Hey! Your family is so cute! Keep in touch!

Nettie said...

Oooo, I may have to steal that FHE idea!

And I can't believe how much Luke has grown!