Thursday, January 31, 2008

Its February already?!




Holy cow! January just flew by, and lots of things happened in the Pingel household. Scott turned 27 on the 9th, he's so old! :) Now that I'm not babysitting anymore I have more time to get out of the house. It seems me and the boys are always doing something. Luke is now 15 months old and climbing up onto things, and talking up a storm. He says about 50 words, mimics his parents and his wise older brother, and can already string two words together. (Something that Easton could do starting only 6 months ago). My favorite was this morning after Scott changed his diaper and went to throw it away and he said "Daddy, diaper!" Although it sounds more like dypo. Easton only has about 2.5 inches and 2.5 pounds on his younger brother and wherever we go I'm asked if they are twins. (Which still baffles me because they look nothing like twins nor like the same age even). Easton began potty training this month and we just finished the 3rd week into it. He wears underwear all day and rarely has an accident. He hasn't acheived going #2 on the potty yet, but he gladly goes #1 whenever I tell him its time. (He hasn't mastered telling me he needs to go either, but he's getting there). The new year also made him the only kid in nursery, for now that is, there are 2 other kids but they only come about once a month. Luke will join him mid-April though. I also tried something I haven't done since about the 3rd grade, I got bangs! I like the change and Scott tells me all day long how hot I look with them. I'm not sure this will last forever but I like to try new things with my hair. Also, along with Scott's benefits for the year, we get gym memberships for dirt cheap (about $20/month for the whole family) so we've enjoyed taking turns to go work out at nights, I take the boys walking on the indoor track during the day, Scott plays basketball during lunch breaks or in the early morning before work, and we've all enjoyed the swimming complex as a family (complete with waterslides, kiddy play area, and lazy river). We're looking forward for February to bring us warmer weather, longer day light hours, and a nice fat tax refund!

4 comments:

janae said...

Okay, so I'm cutting my hair super short some time in the next couple months (like a boy cut), but as it grows out I really want to try bangs. So, I need you to post a picture so I can imagine its me and try to see if I look good in bangs. :)

janae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Oylers said...

Wow you guys have been busy. Happy late birthday Scott. And Lindsey I've got to see pics of you with bangs because I have been wanting to get them but haven't dared. We miss you guys so much, we are ready to live by each other again, so should we move up there or do you want to come on down to Texas?

Kim Walker said...

Alright, you can't post that you cut bangs and not show us a picture! Geez, I still think Easton is the cutest boy I've ever seen, but in June he won't be anymore, SORRY. We're having a boy, if you didn't already know. Pretty darn cool, eh? A little less estrogen is good, real good! Sure miss you guys!