Sunday, March 9, 2008

Potty Success!

Easton is finally potty trained! I think its so hard with the first one because you just don't know what to expect or how long its going to take. It took a lot of time, effort, yelling, frustration, bribing, coercing, dragging, and extra loads of laundry. And it is true what everyone says, once they decide to do it, then its easy and its over! It took just under 2 months, but all of a sudden one day he told me he had to go and I was overjoyed that I was no longer the one in charge of making him go every two hours but he now had the capability of being in charge of his own potty stuff. It still took another week after that to finally convince him that it isn't the most terrifying thing in the world to go #2 on the potty. Of course he still has a few accidents (like 1-2 a week), but its usually only if I haven't reminded him to go in a while or he's having too much fun and is distracted and forgets that he has to go. But at least the hard part is over, the rest is up to him as to whether or not he makes it to the toilet in time. I'm so glad that my headache of all headaches is over and my child has proven to me that all children will get potty trained in their own good time. Now give me another year and maybe by then he'll be night-trained too. But for right now I'm counting my blessings and I couldn't care less if he spends the next year in diapers at night as long as he does it on his own during the day. My little Easton is all grown up and such a big boy! Way to go buddy!!

1 comment:

Jami Jackson said...

Congrats to you and Easton!! That is quite the accomplishment!! I serioulsy think that one of the hardest things about parenthood.