Friday, May 16, 2008

Summer Weather?!





This weekend has been awesome! We've had weather in the 70's and today it was in the 80's. Not a cloud in the sky!! Scott worked a ton of nights this week and so took off a little early from work this afternoon. Once the boys were up we got into out swim gear and headed for the beach. It was great! Luke had no hesitations or reservations about getting into the water (and might I mention it was ice cold). As soon as he saw water, he was running and he screamed when we made him get out. He also loved jumping in the waves and splashing in the little run-off stream. Easton was a different story. It took him a while to warm up to it and he did not like the fact that his feet kept getting dirty from the sand, and he wouldn't let go in the big water, especially if there were waves coming. But in the end I think he had a good time. Scott and I totally loved just being outside for once! I hope we get lots more weather like this over the summer. We can't wait to go to the beach again! (It is just down the street from our church, so the opportunity is always there, weather permitting).

7 comments:

janae said...

That is why we need to lived closer to a beach! You look like you had so much fun. I'm uber jealous!! :)

Virginia & Pete said...

This is the Washington that I remember growing up. There is no other place as beautiful as a sunny day in the Pacific Northwest. The boys look like they enjoyed the day!

The Oylers said...

Looks like so much fun. Well I hope you are having lots of nice weather. I think ours has come and gone...it is already so stinking hot here. We miss you guys...oh and I don't have your number anymore I washed my phone in the washer. We'd love to talk and find out how you are doing. Its been too long...sorry I am a slacker.Well take care.

Marissa said...

Sounds like a fantastic time. Give those cute boys hugs from their Aunt MJ.

Linds- you look absolutely fantastic!!

Erin said...

you look like hot stuff lindz. :)

Brandon and Natalie said...

What beach did you guys go to? We love going to Dash Point and collecting Sand Dollars there!

The Pingels said...

That was at Dash Point State Park.