Thursday, December 25, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it stop!



So if you've watched the news/weather over the last week or so, then you've heard about our big storm in the Seattle area. It was fun at first playing in the snow, being cozy inside, thinking everyone else was a wimp because they wouldn't drive in the snow, but then it wouldn't stop. We reached record snow amounts for our area. As you see in the pictures, there isn't a lot there, but that was only about the 2nd or 3rd day of snow, and then it continued to pile up every day for the next week until we had 7 inches out our front door. We've lived in snow before (Utah and WV) but it is so bad here because they aren't used to it and there are no plows, ice melt, or salt for the roads. So even now that we haven't accumulated any more snow over the last 48 hours, we have about 7 inches of slush and ice to get through because it will just stay there until it melts (which I don't think will be any time soon). So enjoy our funny snow pictures, and believe me, we got a lot more than what I took pictures of and it is still here. (p.s. Do you like our make-shift sled that Easton is dragging around?)

2 comments:

janae said...

I never really thought about WHY non-snow areas freak out when they get snow, but without all the resources like plows, salt, etc. I could see why it is a big deal! Good luck - I hope it melts soon!

ps. I love the sled. That is a crack up!

Marissa said...

The "sled" is my very favorite.

Maybe we should have sent you some ice melt and a shovel for Christmas. ;)