Monday, July 13, 2009

Just some thoughts

I love the Ensign! Each month I read the articles, and at least 1-2 of them speak directly to me and my situation. Sometimes I think, "Well, why didn't they just title it 'Lindsey Pingel's monthly message'." Especially now during our current family situation of searching for employment I am always impressed with how well the leaders of the church are in tune with the members' current needs. This month there was a pamphlet to help those unemployed and last month, Pres. Uchtdorf's message on "Prayer and the Blue Horizon" spoke directly to my heart. One of my favorite passages from the article was:

"The answers to our prayers come in the Lord's due time. Sometimes we may become frustrated that the Lord has delayed answering our prayers. In such times we need to understand that He knows what we do not know. He sees what we do not see. Trust in Him. He knows what is best for His child, and being a perfect God, He will answer our prayers perfectly and in the perfect time."

How profound, yet so simple. I know all of this in my heart, because Scott and I have witnessed this a zillion times in our short almost-7-year marriage, but it was sure nice to be reminded of it again. For instance, when Scott graduated with his Masters in WV, we had been hoping on a job in Albany, NY for months. We were devastated when we found out 3 days before graduating that he did not get the position. The same day he found out the bad news he also had one last interview lined up with Federal Way. Not even 24 hours after that interview, Federal Way called him up and offered him the job. We had so many blessings from living in Federal Way and we know now why we were meant to go there instead of Albany.

Our feelings on our situation right now are the same because of this experience. We know there is a reason why we are currently unemployed, and we know that God will give us the exact job, in the exact place, at the exact time that will most benefit us and our family. People have asked us "Aren't you scared?" And the answer is, of course we are a little nervous, but we have love and support from our families, and a great plan just in case this unemployment period should last longer than just a few weeks. But we are not scared, because "if ye are prepared ye shall not fear" (D&C 38:30), and "He that asketh in the Spirit asketh according to the will of God; wherefore it is done even as he asketh." (D&C 46:30)

So for now, we are doing fine, even better than fine! And I know that everything will be okay, because I've never been let down before. My prayers are always eventually answered even above my expectations or wishings for myself and my family.

2 comments:

janae said...

Woa. Change a couple words and this post could have been written by me. I know EXACTLY what you're feeling right now. Good luck with the job hunt!

Ashley said...

Loved that article too! I just read it and felt like it was related to me and my situation which is totally different than yours. Isn't it nice to have the amazing power of prayer, which if anything can give comfort, while waiting for the answer! I know things will work out for you guys! Good Luck! Sorry we missed you in Utah, Barrett has been down in Vegas almost all summer and we are here with him now!