Thursday, May 5, 2011

Coupons




Over the last 2-3 months, I have started to coupon again. I don't have many options here in Hermiston, but I like Safeway and RiteAid's deals. I've been able to combine coupons and rewards to get packs of diapers essentially for free, and I am saving almost 40-60% each time at the grocery store. At my last Safeway visit I was able to get:


*2 pkgs. Nature Valley Sweet and Salty bars

*1 cake mix

*3 pkgs. Safeway Applesauce cups

*6 jars 18 oz. Safeway Peanut Butter

*3 boxes Kelloggs Frosted Flakes cereal

*2 boxes Post Honey Bunches of Oats cereal

*2 boxes Ziploc Gallon size bags


All for $21.27! It was originally priced at $52.91, for a total of 60% savings. It isn't a whopping 99% savings like those on the show Extreme Couponing, but I think its a pretty good deal. I'm getting better at it, and it makes me so happy to be saving money.

2 comments:

The Oylers said...

What techniques do you use? I have never been a coupon clipper...but I am in desperate need to save some money so if you have any advise to pass on I would love it. BTW your kids are all adorable...I just want to hold that little Ginny...she is so tiny.

Sale Fails said...

Good job! I love couponing, it is so fun PLUS you save money!