Thursday, June 23, 2011

Growing Pains

These kiddos are growing up before my very eyes. And somedays I find it sad, not every day, but some of the days. Here are some of the fun things that they do these days.

Ginny is such a sweet girl. She has such a calm and sweet disposition, and I hope that she stays that way forever. She is still our tiny little girl and at 3 months old she weighs only 9 pounds and is about 22 inches long. I wish that she could stay this small forever. She smiles all the time and we are still anxiously awaiting her first little giggles.

My wild boy Max! He keeps me on my toes, and I always know when he is about to do something naughty, because he will close the door of whatever room he is in, or he will come close the door of whatever room I am in, so that I cannot see what he is about to do. His favorite naughty spots to get into involve food. If the frig door has not been latched (yes, we have to lock it), then you can bet to find all the fruit has miraculously disappeared, or that he is trying to pry off the lid of the Worchestershire sauce because he thinks it is "juice." I've also seen whole boxes of cereal dumped out on my living room floor. He still fights us in bed at night, and we have to flip the breaker, and put a child lock on the door knob so that he can't get out. His antics can be exhausting, but then he says "giggla, giggla, Me!" and I just can't refuse to pop in his favorite Despicable Me DVD. That is how Max talks. Everything begins with "giggla, giggla". "Giggla, giggla ball" and "Giggla, giggla swing", etc. But my new all time favorite saying of his, is his new phrase for hooray: "Go Cougars!" For example, Me: "Max, do you want some crackers?" Max: "Crackers?! Go Cougars!" He'll say that for anything that he is really amped about.

Oh my dreamy eyed boy, Lucas. It will take me 30 minutes of reminders just to get him dressed in the morning, but he can remember words of a song that we just listened to on the radio. The other evening as we were making dinner, Scott was singing Usher's song "Oh oh oh-oh, oh-oh oh oh-oh..." and Luke finished him off with "Oh my gosh!" He completely took us by surprise, we'll have to really be careful around this boy of what he hears and sees because his brain is such a sponge. He isn't as rough and tumble as his brothers are, but he loves to just sit and read books in silence. Books are basically the only thing that can keep him sitting still for more than two seconds at a time. And Luke just loves to cuddle and tell people that he loves them. His new thing is to sit close to Ginny and smile at her until she finally smiles back. He loves his sister.

And my ever growing boy, Easton. He came up with his new superhero "Jetpack" today, by putting on this new backpack we recieved from a friend, and then told me that Jetpack pulls up the handle and it makes him fly. This is not the first superhero that he has created, his list also includes "Waterman" and "Fireman" both of which have provided us with oodles of illustrations and explanations on what their powers are. He surprises us with questions that are deeper than most 5-6 year olds think, such as "Do numbers ever end?" He is also so sensitive to others and to the spirit, and he is gaining a real ability to understand the spirit. I am loving to see him grow is such awesome ways.

Lastly, another thing about Max, do you notice his lack of pants in the previous picture? That is an everyday occurance. Mostly, when he ventures outside. The pants just have to come off. Oh these kids, I sure do love them, even when they drive me crazy.

No comments: