Sunday, October 16, 2011

he's five



I can't believe that Luke is five. I also can't believe that he is an inch taller than Easton, and that he can read like the dickens and hasn't even begun school yet. Yep, Lucas is one smart kiddo. He is also one of the most random, loveable, goofy, and sensitive boys you'll meet. I am enjoying watching my kids NOT grow up in certain ways. I love that he has no idea about larger things in life, and just loves to play and read books all day long. He loves to pretend to be super heroes. He loves to just run around on the field during soccer games, even though he only touches the ball probably twice during the entire game. He loves primary, and he loves to wave at us in the congregation whenever the children are asked to do a musical number. He loves to draw a zillion pictures a day lately, and then find a spot for every single one of them on my fridge. He loves to help me, and when we are baking, he makes sure we've added all of the "ingredients". And no matter how big he gets, he still loves to cuddle, and he loves to be tickled.

He is smart, he is tall, and most people just assume he is Easton's twin. But I'm glad he is not. I am glad he is still a silly 5 year old, instead of a "growing-more-serious-everyday" six year old. I am enjoying watching him grow up, but still stay young at the same time. Happy 5th birthday, Lucas!

1 comment:

janae said...

I cannot believe our kids are getting so big. Elijah will turn 5 in less than a month and I'm wondering where the last four years have gone!