Friday, July 6, 2012

My flag, my flag!


I love being able to fly a flag on my own home.
Our 4th of July was fun this year.  It is always sad that Scott works all day, but we get to see him a little bit, and then he is usually done in time for a BBQ and fireworks.  We went to the Stanfield 4th of July parade in the morning.  I judged the parade and handed out ribbons while Scott sat with the boys.  He let me know that Max entertained everyone around him by running all the way across the highway to obtain as much candy as possible, and then would yell at floats that went by that weren't handing out candy.  We came home with as much loot as we do on Halloween.  We went back to the Stanfield festivities later in the afternoon to enjoy the bounce houses, and then we went to Hermiston's festivities after that and ate some yummy treats and played at the park.  Scott came home and joined us for a BBQ, and then we went over to a friend's house for some S'mores and fireworks.  Some of our neighbors get the big ones that fire off into the sky, so we were pretty entertained all night without even seeing the big city fireworks show.  Scott ended the evening with camping out in the backyard with the boys.  It was a great 4th!
Ready to eat!  (Scott looks a little tired.)

So fun that I didn't know the colors when they were planted.  Lucky for me: red, white, and blue.
Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments: