Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hawaii!!!!!

My parents made a wonderful announcement back in August, that they were taking all of the adults to Hawaii!  Thankfully, we have awesome friends, and they agreed to take our kids for a week so we could go play in the sun.  Scott and I, and my parents, traveled early in the morning on Wednesday, Jan. 16th, over to Portland.  We flew from Portland to LAX, where we met up with everyone else before our flight to Honolulu.  We were worried that Erin and Spencer wouldn't make their flights, because they had 2 stops, and only about 30 minutes at each stop.  But they surprised us by taking an earlier flight out and met us in LA looking like this:
 
It was hilarious!  Especially, because my dad didn't recognize them at first and looked at them like "you people are a bunch of wierdos!" Don't you love my bro-in-law's Luke Perry 90210 shirt?
Next, we were off to Hawaii.  Longest flight of my life!  Landing in Honolulu wasn't pleasant, because I had an ear infection.  Everyone around me heard my ears squeal and then pop.  I thought that I had ruptured my ear drum!  But once we stepped off the plane, it was all worth it!

We stayed in a condo at the Hilton Hawaiin Village.  This is the view of our tower (1 of 6 on the property) from the beach.  The first day, we layed by the pool, swam in the ocean, buried Spencer in the sand, went grocery shopping, and then went to hike Diamond Head.
Then we ate authentic Hawiian at Ono's, some dive featured on the Food Network, and then ate delicious malasadas at Leonard's bakery.  So good!!!
 


On Friday, we went to the temple and did some sealings.  It was beautiful driving up the coast of the island.  Then we went next door, and spent the day at the Polynesian Cultural Center.
 
 
 
 
We saw all of the cultural presentations, rode the canal boat, ate at the Luau and danced on stage with the rest of the honeymooners/anniversary couples, and then watched Ha! Breath of Life.  It was a fun-filled day!  The best part about it, was a friend back home was able to hook us all up with half-off discounts, because one of her friends still worked at the PCC.

2 comments:

janae said...

Dying of jealousy reading about your adventures in Hawaii...

DeAnne said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I can't wait to go to Hawaii one day with Justin :)