Thursday, April 10, 2008

My eyes are free!

Thank goodness for vision insurance! After almost 8 years of wearing glasses, and 5 years of the exact same lenses and frames, I finally got contacts! It was even more great when I found out I would only be paying a fraction of the cost (about 10%) of what it would actually be without insurance. So no more smudges, kids ripping them off my face, headaches from the weight on the bridge of my nose, and I can finally wear regular sunglasses. It was a joyous occasion!

4 comments:

janae said...

Yay, yay, yay!! I have had contacts for years, but I stopped wearing them on my mission (2002) and only picked it back up again this spring. After the kids broke my glasses. Both pairs. One is irreparable. The other is held together by electrical tape. At that point I decided I probably shouldn't wear glasses in public. So, it took a month or so to get accustomed to wearing contacts all day long (at first my eyes would get so tired), but now I love them. What was I thinking for the last six years?! Contacts are wonderful!

CaGeSJaMToo (aka Sam) said...

Congrats!

Erin said...

contacts are awesome. And even more awesome is that you got them for practically free. Don't you feel like a free woman??

Brett and Shendi said...

Hello contacts. I LOVE them. And sunglasses are the thing of now. I hated wearing my glasses all the time. Just never comfortable and always in the way. Congratulations.