Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I just wanted to comment on what my children are unable to, because they are so young! Scott is a great dad!! He wakes up with our kids every morning (while I lazily sleep in) at a bright and early time of 5:30am. (Don't worry Easton, in spite of it, we still love you.) He makes meals, helps me clean, plays with the kids and takes them to the park when its nice out or to the mall playground when its yucky outside. He loves his boys so much! And they love him too. They ask me many times during the day when he is coming home. Luke sometimes has a hard time even letting Scott get out the door for work and grabs onto his pant legs or crys hard enough to get one last hug before he leaves. Scott also has taken up the role as single parent when I am on bedrest, and let me tell you not a single word of resentment or murmuring came out of his mouth the entire 2 months. He is just the best!! I hope I can raise my boys to be good men like thier dad.

Side note: I have a father too and he is great! Always helping out when we were young, being involved in all our activities, making big weekend breakfasts, cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and taking us out on father-daughter outings like boating or just a trip to 7-11 for a slurpee are some of my fond memories of my dad being an awesome dad. He helped my mom raise 3 daughters, which was a little difficult at times, but we turned out great and he did a good job! Thanks dad!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey guys. Glad to see you have a blog too. It will be fun to keep up with you. Your boys are darling.
We saw Matt and Emily last week and we'd all love to get together when you're here.