Monday, June 23, 2008

New Beds!



I love garage sale season. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. So up until now Easton has been in a big full size bed and Luke is in a crib. We don't have a large apartment, so we've been wondering what to do when Luke needs a real bed, because the full size and another bed won't fit well in thier bedroom. Well, on my way home from the gym I thought I'd stop at a garage sale. There were 2 matching beds!! Good news because we already had a mattress for one of them that we got at a different garage sale 2 months ago for only $15. I saw that the original price was $75 and then was marked down to $50 each. I asked if she would take $30 each and she said yes!! So we had to move things around, get a storage unit, go to my grandparents house and pick up the mattress, and buy new bedding because we've never owned a twin bed before, and we've got ourselves 2 new beds. (The second one to be moved in when I'm ready to deal with Luke being out of a crib.) Totally awesome!! Easton's favoring part is the little cubby hole. He played in it all afternoon and called it his "new house".

3 comments:

Virginia & Pete said...

Wow! You got a deal on the beds. They should last the boys until they go on their Missions! I can't wait to see Luke in his bed, That should be fun!

The Oylers said...

call me as soon as you get into town so we can do lunch or dinner before we head out. if you want to. we would love to see you all

Erin said...

sweet beds. They remind me of my bed I had growing up, the full size one, remember? It had those shelves above my bed where I could store my precious baby-sitter club books.