Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our 1 Month Old!



We can't believe it has already been a month. The last month of pregnancy seems to be the longest, and the 1st month of life the shortest. He had a good visit to the doctor and is growing in leaps and bounds. He now weighs 9 pounds 14.5 ounces (47%), is 22 inches long (67%), and has a 37.5 cm. head (33%) which has been the smallest head of any of my boys. The other two lugs usually measure in the 80-90 percent range. He is getting strong and holding his head up good and enjoys looking around at everything, including laying under his play gym. He is even loving his mother lately and gives me a good 4-4.5 hour stretch at night so I can get a few hours of sleep all in a row.


The saddest thing is that he got a cold! His little cough is so pitiful and body-wretching. He seems to be on the mend though and the doctor said he is fine, especially since he has not had any trace of a fever.
We took all the boys to get thier pictures taken today at JC Penney and Easton and Luke did great, surprisingly. The one boy, Max, who I expected to do good, ended up sleeping the entire time and having massive coughing fits that made everyone stare. (I'm sure they were all thinking that my baby has the swine flu or something!) So we never got any pictures with his eyes open, but we did succeed in getting some precious sleeping ones, Easton's individual 4 year pictures, and one cute group shot with Easton and Luke looking down on their little sleeping baby brother.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

He looks so much like Scott. Luke and Easton look alot like you, but little Max is 100% Scott!

Marissa said...

He is sooooooo beautiful. I'm glad he's giving some long stretches of sleep. We got your baby announcement in the mail this weekend. Eliza's should be going out soon.
Love you guys!!!

janae said...

They really do grow so quickly. I got your birth announcement, by the way. THANK YOU. He is so beautiful. Then again, all of your kids are. :) I hope he keeps giving you good sleep - I'll cross my fingers for 8 hours by 2 months. ;)