Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin carving

We carved Max's pumpkin first, and when Scott held it up to show him, he backed away from the scary pumpkin face. But then he got closer and saw that it was okay.
He kept wanting to take the tops off all the pumpkins and look inside. Whenever we go out our front door now, he has to look inside each one and growl at all the faces.

Luke instructed me to make an angry face and drew a face on paper with slanted angry eyes and a frowning angry face. I did my best to interpret his drawing. Easton took more initiative this year, and actually helped me gut his pumpkin (I'm usually left to do this myself because no one wants to touch it, even Scott). He then drew his own face onto the pumpkin and Scott carved it out exactly how it was drawn. He did great!


Here they are in front of each of their pumpkins. Things like this get so much more fun as they get older and can be more involved in it.



Do you like Max's "cheese" face? Happy Halloween!!




3 comments:

janae said...

Max is so cute! I kinda miss that stage of baby. They are just so much fun!

Dad Toolson said...

I miss carving pumpkins, and getting my hands in the goo. The boys are so cool with their own pumpkins. Be sure to take pictures of them Saturday night with the costumes on

Sarah said...

your little max could not be any cuter!