Monday, November 1, 2010

A very happy Halloween!


Oh boy, where to begin! It all started on Friday with Trick or Treating on Main Street here in Hermiston. All of the businesses get really into it, dress up, and hand out candy to hundreds of local kids. It was fun to see Main Street bussling with hundreds of kids in costume. The boys had a great time, until Lucas got freaked out by the "haunted house" (aka An old house transformed into a business with a ghost hanging from the door way where they were handing out the treats). After that he just wanted to go home.


On Saturday, we attended the Stake Trunk or Treat. Yes, I said Stake, not ward. It was huge! I handed out 2 costco sized bags of candy, and then our kids had to wait in line for a good 10-15 minutes to play one ring toss game. After the game, we were done. It was just too crowded for our liking, and the kids were ready for bed by that point.


On Sunday our kids just did our neighborhood loop (15 houses), and only 4 of them were home to hand out candy. They still had a good time though, and by the end, Max figured out how to say "Trick or Treat" with the other boys. It was adorable!


Happy Halloween! (Can I start listening to Christmas music now?!)

5 comments:

janae said...

I'm loving the superhero theme. It's gotta be so fun to have all those boys!

ps. We totally decorate for Christmas and start up the Christmas music on November 1st. Every year. My family things I'm nuts. But I don't care. :)

Erin said...

I love little superman, that smile of his is the cutest. And listen away sister. I secretly listen while Spencer is at work.

Dad Toolson said...

No way to the Christmas music until the day after thanksgiving. What awesome superhero's. I feel better knowing they are on my side

Alicia said...

Those are cute superheros you have there!

Brett and Shendi said...

oh my three favorite super heroes. cute cute!!!