Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to work!

After a nice 3.5 years off from working, I'm going back. This is nothing full-time, but I'll be substitute teaching once a week in the Federal Way schools. I know its lame, and it hasn't even been that long, but I am scared to death. I'm probably more nervous about leaving my kids though. I've just never had to do it for an extended amount of time and long-term at that. One thing nice will be the extra financial cusion since that market has gone to crap and groceries and gas are still soooo expensive (I filled up for $4.19 last week). I guess it might be nice to have a little vacation day too from the kids. It will give me the chance to miss them. Hopefully it all works out and the kids don't play mean tricks on me (these kids will be middle and high schoolers by the way). School starts September 2nd, its coming way too soon!

8 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

I love that you said you want to give yourself the chance to "miss your boys". It's so true that we all need a little time away from our kids once in a while. Good luck with the substitute teaching. I would seriously be scared of kids that age. You'll do great though!

Oh, Sydney climbed out of her crib the other day too. I about fell over with disbelief because Eliza never did that. Now I have to bribe her with fruit snacks so she'll take naps. It's worked so far, but I know she's the one in control now - yikes!! I hope your situation is working out. It's hard to give up those nap times.

Jami Jackson said...

I also wanted to thank you for the sweet card you sent. It feels nice to know people are thinking about me. We sure miss being around all our Morgantown friends.

janae said...

Yikes! That is scary! (Well, at least it would be to me.) Good luck, I'm sure you'll do awesome. You are such a fun and exciting person that the kids won't be able to help loving you. So who is tending the boys? Or is Scott working extra time other days to watch the boys while you teach?

Kim Walker said...

Hey Lindsey, Sounds like fun to go back to work and have a little break. I would be way nervous. I feel like I'm old and out of the work situation but I hear ya about gas and grocery prices. They are a killer. And thanks for the little card in the mail. No one uses mail anymore and it was sweet to get something other than junk and bills! Your boys are still so cute! I'm glad to finally have one=)

Kim Walker said...

BTW, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new haircut. It is way way cute. I want a new hair do, too.

Nettie said...

I agree, your haircut is darling! I would be scared of teaching kids that age. But, knowing you, you will do great. And the boys will appreciate having a chance to have new experiences, too.

(PS. I don't think I did get that email. Or I maybe deleted it on accident? I had over 200 to sort through when we got back in town and a toddler who "helps.")

Nettie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nettie said...

I would be happy to give you a recommendation! Is it an email or snail mail form? My email is AnLDSMom@webpipe.net.