Sunday, February 1, 2009

Miracles and Hurdles

This will update everyone on the progress of my pregnancy. Well, tomorrow is when I went into preterm labor with Luke. After only about 1-2 hours of mild contractions, I went to the hospital and was dilated to 2 cm. and he was in a double footling breech position. Needless to say, it was very scary stuff. It finally ended with me going home on strict bedrest (they contemplated making me stay in the hospital for the rest of my pregnancy). Well, we are to this stage again and I am doing great. I think the combo of my shots and me taking it very easy (I haven't been out much in the last month) are doing the trick and I think we might end up with a normal pregnancy for once, knock on wood!! The next hurdle I have to jump over will be getting past next monday, which is when I went into preterm labor with Easton and then on bedrest with him. I've told Scott over and over that I am prepared to do anything to not go to the hospital before the baby is ready to be born. I hate the hospital, and especially IVs. I can handle shots, medication, and even completely natural childbirth, but not the IV. It is the most uncomfortable thing in the world for me and it makes me queasy to look at the needle stuck in my arm. Am I a wierdo or what?! But I just wanted to let everyone know about the great progress we are making. I am currently a little past 28 weeks and counting! Wish us luck!! I've set little goals for myself: the first was to get here, the next is to get past when I went on bedrest with Easton, the next will be Valentines Day, and the one after that is to make it to my next Dr. appt. on the 19th. Just a few days at a time and hopefully we'll get there!

4 comments:

janae said...

I hate, hate, hate IVs too. They are so miserable. Especially because they make you wear them for days. That was one of the really nice things about my natural delivery with Enoch - no IV. I loved it! Good luck for the next few weeks!

Marissa said...

IVs don't bug me anymore... they used to.
I've set those same kinds of goals and I hope you reach all of your's. My next OB appt is the 19th as well.

Kim Walker said...

Holy COW, did I miss a major post in your blog or am I just retarded? I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations, you guys. We're thinking and praying for you to have a NORMAL pregnancy and everything goes as planned. Good luck!

Jase, Tate & Gav said...

Hey,
I hate IV's too. I hate being pregnant too. So I would choose a natural 4 hours of labor and delivery over an IV too. Oh wait they still made me have the IV too with my babies because of the group B strep. Anyways good luck with things!