Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We're home!






A few details about the labor that Scott didn't mention were that yes, I did have an epidural, but my contractions didn't hurt at all. I was just afraid that it would come so fast again like Luke that I would have to do it all natural if I just didn't go ahead and get one. So yes, at about 1am Sunday morning I ordered up the epidural, and because of complications finding the spot, I was numb by about 2am. Then we slept all the way until the doctor came and decided to break my water. It was a wonderful 5 hour nap! Anyway, we just stayed the 24 hours in the hospital and then came home. It was a surreal moment leaving the hospital knowing that he was in me just the day before, and now he is out of me and living at my house. Wierd!! All is well though at home and the boys love him. They both had a good laugh this morning when little Max sneezed, it was too funny! Easton is mommy's big helper and always wants to know where baby Max is and just loves to watch him and get right up in his face and stare. Luke has been a little out of sorts, but seems to be adjusting better each day. He likes little Max too and is always asking me "Is that baby Max?" whenever he sees me holding him. We just love the new addition and all of the fun small baby stuff like his smell, his sounds (even his screeches when hes hungry), and just how little he is!

4 comments:

janae said...

Oh wow, that is one beautiful newborn!! He is so cute. Congrats again!

Sarah said...

he's a cutie. love the name too. congratulations you guys!

The Oylers said...

So cute. That is crazy that you were home in 24 hours..I always have to stay for like 3 days...he is seriously adorable...and i am glad to hear the boys are loving him.

Marissa said...

What a super cutie!! I can't wait to meet him.