Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oops!


So this morning, while Scott and my dad worked on more of the retaining wall, and I was out shopping, the boys were playing in the dirt and riding bikes and having just a great time! Until my dad went back to the garage and discovered what my boys had been up to for the last 10 minutes or so when no one was watching. They found an entire bag full of about 20 little squeeze bottles of food coloring from all of my mom's teaching supply stuff that was in the garage and decided to make sidewalk art out of it. It does not come out! My dad even used his pressure-washer on the sidewalk, and nothing! Finally they got some heavy-duty garage floor cleaner at Costco and it has started to get up some of the color.

My boys really were having a great time, but once they found out that they were in trouble, they were so sad and sorry for what they had done. Oh yeah, it was all over them too (hands, face, etc.). Boys will be boys!

5 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

Oh man! I hope it comes out! If not, it will be a constant reminder of how mischevious those boys can be.

janae said...

I have only one comment:

These kinds of things only happen under male supervision.

janae said...

ps. my dad, who has been kind but surely frustrated by the dozens of things my kids have broken here, read this with me and suddenly feels super grateful that the worst thing we've broken were $80 hair clippers. :) Thanks!

The Pingels said...

p.s. My dad said he would've been more mad if it had been in the middle of the drive-way, but its on the end of the sidewalk almost off of thier property.

janae said...

Phew! That's a relief. :)

Hey - I have a favor. I was googling my own name, and your blog came up. I don't know if you actually want search engines to be able to search your blog (or if you know that they can - you can block them in your Settings, I think), but would you mind removing my last name on your side bar, so it just says Samuel & Janae? thanks!