Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Star Jar!


On Sunday, we officially started potty training Luke. He turns 3 in about 6 weeks, and we are going to be at my parents for quite a while, so I thought now was as good a time as any. I went around town looking for plastic pants to put over his underwear, and basically found out that they do not exist after shopping at every store in the Tri-Cities, but I did find these cool star marbles and a jar at the dollar store.

On Sunday, we pulled out his brand new Lightning McQueen underwear, and the Star Jar, and explained to him that he wasn't going to wear diapers anymore (except during sleep time) and that each time he went potty he would get to put a star into the jar. When the jar is full he gets to go to the store and pick out his prize.

It was a hit! We had been doing trial runs with him for about a year now, but I was never ready to give it MY full effort as the mom who has to clean up the messes and drag the poor boy to the bathroom. But he and I were both finally ready, and so far, after 3 days, he hasn't had any accidents at all today, and he has asked me to go to the potty about 3 times now. He is, dare I say, basically potty trained! He has done awesome, and I'm sure loves all the praise and attention he is recieving for his efforts. I'm sure he'll love the Star Jar even more when he gets to go cash them in for some awesome toy in a few days. Luke Rocks!! (pardon the pun)

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I wonder if this would work for Darci?