Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Day of School





Easton just started his first day of preschool today. He was very excited about it and loved his new Spiderman backpack that he picked out. When it came time to go to school though, he said, "No, I don't want to go to school!" (Uh-oh!) But when we finally got him ready and were out the door, he seemed warmed up to the idea. When we got to his school, he met other kids in his class coming off the bus, and followed his teacher into the classroom. He put away his backpack, and put his name tag on, and then I gave him a big hug, told him I loved him, and left.

Note: This is a full-time preschool (4 days a week, for 1/2 day) at my Mom's Elementary school, and she is only 4 doors down from his classroom.

I stayed at the school to help my mom put together a shelf in her classroom, and I admit, I wandered down the hall and peeked in on Easton a few times. I saw him eating his lunch like such a big boy with all of his friends at a table, and then saw him riding tricycles, and playing with everyone on the playground. He seemed to be doing great.

I went home and waited another hour, and then went back to pick him up. When he saw me, he ran toward me and gave me a hug and said, "Mommy, I had a good day at school today." He is such a big boy and I can't even believe it! He told me all the fun things he did at school that day, but of course didn't know any of the other kids' names. This preschool will be such a good thing for him, and me, and get us ready for Kindergarten next year. Hooray for school!

p.s. I know I took a lot of pictures, I'm a dork, but it was my first 'first day of school' experience, and I was a little excited....and nervous.

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Always take lots and lots of pictures. You never post enough.

Sarah said...

I know exactly how you feel! Isn't it crazy to have him gone for hours at a time? I love it and hate it at the same time. He's such a cute preschooler.

btw, thanks for the recommendation for waterfall. We went last week and loved it!

janae said...

So cute! I'm glad you took all those pictures. That is absolutely adorable!

Jami Jackson said...

I love how his back pack is just about as big as he is! I'm glad he enjoyed his first day. I still get nervous every time Eliza gets on the bus.

Original Ping Family said...

So glad for all the pics. Your little blog about his day brought a tear to this grandma's eye!