Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Solid Food

Max had his first real bites of solid food this morning starting off with some yummy rice cereal. The first bite he just let sit in his mouth for a little bit figuring out what it was and what to do with it, but once he swallowed, he went to town! He was grabbing for the spoon and opening up wide for more and more. He loved it! I only gave him a tablespoon full, because thats all they suggest you start with, but he finished it and wanted more. Maybe tomorrow I'll give him 2 tablespoons full. Max is quite the chunky kid, but the way he acts around food, you'd think I've been starving him for weeks! Hopefully this pattern will continue through his toddlerhood, because I can't get his brothers to eat anything!

1 comment:

janae said...

That is amazing! Each of my kids took - no joke - nearly a month to figure out how to SWALLOW. I had no clue it could be so easy. Heavens, my two boys were champion eaters (nursing and after) and still they struggled. How lucky you are!