Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Movin' on up


We bought a house. As you can see from the picture, there is nothing there yet, but it will be completed sometime in April. We are very excited to be 1st time home-buyers. A little nervous too; I think I've had to take a sleeping pill every night since because of elevated anxiety levels. We can't wait for it to be finished, and Scott keeps me updated on the progress of it by driving by every morning on his way to work. We were very excited yesterday to see that they had staked out the property, and hopefully by this weekend, they will have set and poured the foundation. We'll keep all of you updated on the progress.

5 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

I am excited for you guys! A new house! Hope it's not too stressful. It will be worth it!

The Oylers said...

So excited for you and a little jealous too. I know we have already bought a house, but to go back to apartment living has made me realize just how wonderful having a home is! Good luck with everything.

janae said...

Building our house was one of the funnest things we've done. Once the foundation was done and they were framing, we went by almost every week. It's so fun. I'm really excited for you!

Brett and Shendi said...

i am sooo excited for you guys. i remember when my family was building there house in salem. i loved painting it.

Debra said...

How exciting! You get to literally make the house YOUR house! Congrats on the first home purchase!