Friday, January 1, 2010

Top Ten of 2009

And these are in random order:

1. Having another cute baby boy. I never thought I would be the mother to all boys, but it is turning out to be quite fun and I love it!

2. Seeing every living family member this year on a whirlwind tour of almost the entire Western United States.

3. My parents moving back to the Tri-Cities. I can finally visit "home" again and be able to show my kids where I grew up.

4. Running another 5k. I never thought I would enjoy it, and I'm not really good at it, but its nice to know that I can at least go run 1-2 miles, anytime, no sweat.

5. Enjoying lots of time outdoors with my entire family. We loved the summer with swimming, parks, bikes, and playing in dirt. And we've really enjoyed the winter with snow, sledding, and lights.

6. Celebrating another Anniversary with my husband, whom I love so much! We're up to 7 years now!

7. Celebrating all major holidays and birthdays with family.

8. Easton started full-time preschool. I love my children dearly, and I was extrememly nervous about letting him go, but he LOVES it, and Scott and I enjoy those semi-peaceful hours during the day when he is at school.

9. Having only 1 child in diapers again. (Good job, Luke!) We definitely enjoy less diaper duty as parents, and our wallet enjoys it too.

10. And last, but not least, Scott getting a job, on New Year's Eve! Talk about cutting it down to the wire! We are thrilled about our new adventure and a little nervous about it all too. Looking back on our experience of unemployment, it all seems a little surreal that it is finally over, but it also seems like it was too easy and we should have suffered a little more or something before a job finally happened. We are extremely grateful to loving parents (all 4 of them) who helped us and supported us through it all, to our spiritual, physical, and financial preparation that made it all okay, and to the strength of testimony that we gained through it all. What a year!!!

2 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

Congrats you guys!! I'm so glad it all worked out in the end. So where are you headed?

janae said...

You got a job?!??!!?!?!?!??!?! WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited for you. I'm hoping there's a whole other post with every detail about how it happened, what he'll be doing, and where you're going!