Saturday, June 19, 2010

Home Progress

We have gotten a lot done lately on the house, so I wanted to share some of the progress we've made since moving in 2 months ago.


Sprinkler pipe.
Sprinklers: New valves installed for the runs in the backyard. Still need to finish laying pipe and installing sprinkler heads. Oh, and can you see our pretty gate that is finished too?!

Retaining Wall: only 15 more bricks on the bottom row left, and then we can stack like legos!

Master Bedroom: pictures hung and curtains up. (Still need to finish the valance).


Office: pictures up and computer set up, with a new valance just completed today. Done!


Boys room: pictures up and curtain up. Done!


Max's room: cute shelf up. Done!


Kitchen: Found some places for my decor, but I still need to line the curtain over the sliding glass door, finish the valance that goes over the sink window, and finish putting the rest of the decor and pictures up where they belong. I haven't even begun thinking of what I am going to do in the Living room yet.

Projects that still need to be completed:

  • Sprinkler system
  • Retaining wall
  • Extend cement patio
  • Finish fence
  • Build raised garden beds
  • Build sandbox
  • Lay sod and bark and gravel
  • Finish valances and curtains for the rest of the house
  • Finish living room and kitchen decor

And hopefully, this will all be finished before Labor Day. We've got our work cut out for us, but we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

5 comments:

Marissa said...

It's all beautiful!!

DeAnne said...

yahoo! it looks great! are you sewing all those valences you speak of? very cool :)

The Pingels said...

Sewing them all myself. I am too proud. I can't let my mom's talents go uninherited, so I am learning all her skills.

janae said...

It looks fantastic, Linds! I'm so jealous!

Jami Jackson said...

Wow! I am very impressed! You have more done inside your home than I do and I've been in mine for almost 2 years!!