Saturday, August 7, 2010

Old things made new again




I have wanted a china hutch ever since the day I inherited my great grandma's china. My mom almost gave me her buffet, but she decided to keep it for herself. Then one day on craigslist, I found it. It is beautiful! It is a black, distressed, refinished, antique Drexel china hutch. I loved it the minute I saw it. I replied to the post and asked if she would come down another $50 from her price. She didn't want to, and someone else was coming to see it that evening. About a week later, she emailed me back, said she'd drop the price for me if I still was interested. I went over later that afternoon, and now it is mine. It fits perfectly along the blank wall of my dining area, and it isn't too fancy, which is perfect. It has a country look and goes great with all my rooster decor. Can you tell I am excited about my china hutch?

6 comments:

DeAnne said...

that is gorgeous Lindsey! I love it!

Dad Toolson said...

It does look nice, and moved by a very reliable and trusting moving company

The Oylers said...

I love it! Its always wonderful to find just what you were looking for. Yay...I am excited for you.

Original Ping Family said...

Wow, it looks like it was made just for that spot in your home. PERFECT!!

janae said...

I've always wanted a china hutch, too! (Although I have no china to put in it, but that's beside the point.) Congrats on finding such a beautiful one!

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.