Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Crafts


With our new church time of 9am, it can seem daunting to entertain small kids all day long after church, without the use of TV. At least it is for me. I saw this idea on a blog, and it came to me when the kids were done with puzzles and reading the Friend magazine and needed something to do. Make Crayons!! You just take all your old, broken up bits of crayons, remove the wrappers, put them into a muffin tin, and heat for 10-15 minutes in the oven at 250 degrees. Voila! New crayons that your kids can actually hold. The sorting, unwrapping, and baking took us a good hour and a half, and the kids loved it. Now I'll need to find something just as fun for next Sunday to keep them busy.

4 comments:

Original Ping Family said...

This is just awesome!!

Brett and Shendi said...

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will totally have to try that one.

DeAnne said...

Cute belly and cute craft idea! If only I HAD kept all those broken bits of crayon...

Dad Toolson said...

Way cool, even I could hold those without breaking them