Thursday, February 24, 2011

Almost done!

This tuesday will mark 32 weeks for my pregnancy. I am getting ready for it to be over. There is still a lot of preparation that needs to be done before this little girls' arrival, but at the end of March, we should be completely ready. It is strange to think that I only have about 7 weeks left, give or take a few days. I have never been past 38.5 weeks, so hopefully I won't have to go much further past that point in this pregnancy either. I've been feeling pretty good up until this last week or so, and now I have started the uncomfortable stage. I am just mostly uncomfortable at the end of the day, when my tailbone feels like it is going to crack in half, but other than that I am still plugging along just fine. I'm just starting to have some trouble getting shoes and clothes to fit properly, and putting on socks feels like an Olympic event.

Here are some fun stats of this pregnancy, and my past ones:

*Delivered Easton at 34 weeks (too early); delivered Lucas at 38.5 weeks (felt like an eternity especially after 2 months bedrest); delivered Max just past 37 weeks (perfect!).
*I have recieved 16 shots so far this pregnancy, and I have 4-5 more to go depending on how long the medication lasts.
*Tomorrow is my 14th dr. appt., and I'll continue to have them weekly until I deliver. (BTW, that is a lot, considering most normal pregnancies have 13 visits total if you go all the way to your due date).
*I've had 7 ultrasounds, but have never seen her face. She is extremely shy.
*At the end of this pregnancy, I will have spend 3.25 years of my life being pregnant.
*Scott and I were married in Dec. 2002, and of those years since, I have been pregnant at some point in the calendar years of 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. Lets just say that 2007 was a very good year!

p.s. Can you tell that I am done being pregnant yet?!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

oh, hang in there. pregnancy is still very fresh in my mind from the last time and it's going to take awhile for me to want to do it again. . .if ever! i can't believe all those years you've been pregnant!!! you are one tough momma!

janae said...

Oh, man, this so reminded me of Enoch. I delivered Seara a week early and Elijah 15 days early, so when I started having contractions every 5 minutes right before 37 weeks with Enoch, I thought for SURE he was on the way. HA. I ended up with contractions 5-10 minutes apart for FOUR WEEKS. I wanted to die. Except I'm betting big money that there is no possible way you'll make it to 39 weeks. 38 at the latest. You've had too many babies early for this one to go late.

ps. My brother Trenton, who has four daughters, just found out their fifth is a BOY! We are thrilled. Hang in there long enough and have enough babies, and the other gender is sure to come up eventually! :)

Brett and Shendi said...

I kind of know how you feel. its been nice to have a break ;)

Alicia said...

That's exciting that you are getting closer! The last stretch is the hardest, I think. Hang in there! :-)