Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Craft Crazy!

I've been having fun hunting down cute craft blogs and copying their stuff. I originally started doing this looking for a cute thing that my Mia Maids could make for mutual, and then it just exploded from there.


I made these tissue rosettes (you can't really tell they are 3D in this picture) and then used an old frame I had and put new paper behind the rosettes. (Tissue streamers: $1.25, paper for backing: $0.85, everything else I already had).





These are the blocks we are actually making for mutual this week. The first side is valentines, the back side is St. Patrick's Day. (This is costing me nothing, because it is a church thing, but it is costing the church about $10 total to make 6 sets of these). A big thanks to friends in the ward for letting me use their Cricket machines, and table saws.







Then I got on a St. Patrick's Day kick. I have nothing in that category for my home holiday decor. The wreath is just a styrofoam wreath wrapped in twine, and then hung with some cute green ribbon. (Wreath: $1.00, twine $2.50, and ribbon $2.00).






And last, this cute little garland that I made. These packs of glittered foam shamrocks were found at the dollar store, and then I punched the holes and strung them on some leftover twine. (2 packs of shamrocks: $2.00, twine: leftover).











And the best thing about these projects, is that I have leftover supplies to work on other crafts for more upcoming holidays! Let the crafting continue!

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

I saw that tissue rosette frame thing. It's cute!

Alicia said...

Those are all fun ideas!