Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Goldilocks

Easton has been learning about bears in his class lately. Recently they read the story of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, ate "porridge" in class (instant oatmeal), and then they sent home a fun activity to go along with it and a packet of "porridge". Easton loved the porridge at school, and so has been begging me ever since to have some. "Mommy, can I have porridge for breakfast tomorrow?" But then I would forget. "Mommy, can I have porridge for a snack?" But it was almost time for him to get on his bus for school. Finally tonight as we were setting the table for dinner, he asked so sweetly, "Mommy, am I gonna have porridge for dinner?" How could I say no?! After everyone else got dished up for dinner, I made Easton and Luke that little bowl full of porridge. When Luke got his, he said, "My porridge is too hot!" And then we rehearsed at the dinner table what the other bears said. After dinner, Easton was so satisfied that he said, "Thank you for my porridge for dinner, Mommy." And that is a FIRST! Maybe we should have a bowls of porridge for dinner more often.

1 comment:

ugh what said...

wow it's come along quick!