Friday, February 19, 2010

Things I learn from boys


I came from a family of all girls, so this boy thing is still new to me and I have learned a lot from my boys over the years.

1. At a young age, all boys aspire to be a superhero when they grow up.

2. If you want a good laugh, just mention a bodily function.

3. They get over things easily, but they're not too tough yet to still need a kiss from Mom to make it all better.

4. To have a good time, all you need is dirt, or something that can be dirty.

5. Its way easier and faster getting 3 boys ready for church, than 3 girls.

6. Boys are born knowing how to make car, gun, and animal noises.

7. You must always stand at the ready while changing a little boys diapers.

8. The best thing about playing outdoors, is there is always a bathroom close by, and they prefer it that way. Seriously, who needs a toilet, when you've got a bush, a tree, dirt, or snow.

9. Dads make great punching bags, practice dummies, jungle gyms, and catapults.

10. Little boys give just as many hugs, kisses, cuddles, and "I love you's" as little girls do, and we love them just as much in return.

2 comments:

DeAnne said...

Your boys are great! I hope we get a boy next time, I think it would be a fun change. But. I'll take whatever I get :)

janae said...

I'll admit ... I really like the portability of little boys and the restroom. Wherever they are, that no one will ever touch, works. Not the same with girls. Trust me. I've tried. We both got peed on.