Saturday, July 17, 2010

10k

Today I ran my first ever 10k. I had been training for the last 8 weeks, but I was still very afraid of the distance. I had awesome cheerleaders at the 2.5 and 4.5 mile points, and then they all cheered me on at the finish line. Scott deserves a lot of credit for my training. He got up with the kids 4 days a week for 8 weeks so I could run at 6am. I finished with the time of 1 hour 13 minutes, and I was very proud of myself for never having to stop and walk. That was the goal, to run the entire distance, and now I can say that I have. Will I do it again? Ask me in a few days when my body has fully recovered.

4 comments:

janae said...

Woot, woot! Congrats Linds! When I used to run (back in the day) 10Ks were my favorite race. For me the 5K was too short and the 1/2 was too long. (I've never even considered a marathon. Zero desire.) Good for you!

Jami Jackson said...

Congrats Lindsey!! Before you know it you'll be craving to run 1/2 marathons and full marathons! Way to meet your goal too!

Marissa said...

You are AMAZING!!!!!!!!

You truly inspire me.

The Watson's... said...

way to go Lindsey! That is awesome!