Monday, July 5, 2010

Cousins and the 4th


We've had a fun filled week! My sister Erin, and all her kids came up last week and are staying through the end of this week. My kids have loved having their cousins around, and its really nice to see my sister again (once a year just isn't enough). We've seen the Reptile Man at the library, played at the spray park, had a few picnics/BBQs, saw Toy Story 3, went bowling, went swimming, and have just run around having fun. Our 4th of July festivities were fun this year. Scott's little City of Stanfield holds an annual 4th of July shindig, complete with parade, blow-up toys, and big fireworks at the park. He had to work at the event almost all day, but we were able to join him for the parade and some of games set up in the park. That evening the whole family came down for a dinner at our place, and for some awesome fireworks. I gave an Indepedence Day quiz to the adults, and Scotty won (thank goodness he learned something with his Political Science degree). I gave the adults a good laugh because I think fireworks are more fun when you know the names of them before they go off (American Heartland, Old Glory, Mother Nature, The Razzle Dazzler, etc). We combined our efforts with our neighbors and it was a slammin' good time. It was the perfect amount of razzle dazzle to entertain 8 kids ages 5 and under. It was a great Independence Day celebration.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love how I picture Scott running this little town. Looks like you guys had a fun time!