Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Reading Program


Our summer reading program just ended. It was 5 weeks long, and it was the first time that I had our kids participate. They earned points for the books they read, and earned bonus points for attending library activities. At the end, they exchanged their points for library dollars and were able to buy stuff at the "library store". A bunch of it was junk (i.e. toys from Oriental Trading Co. that will break in the next week), but they got some cool stuff too. They each earned a free ticket to the County Fair in August, a free meal at the Chuck Wagon, and bought some books, pencils, and other fun stuff with their points. I even won a prize! I got a coffee mug with 2 free coffees/espressos from McDonald's. Just what I always wanted!! I did get a free admission coin to the aquatic center, though, so at least that is worth something to me. Overall, I'd say the program was a success. We'll definitely sign up again next summer.

1 comment:

Dad Toolson said...

The boys all love to hear stories, especially ones that involve them in the forest of Hermiston, Oregon