Tuesday, March 9, 2010

17 months

We have lived with one of our parents for a total of 17 months during our marriage (this includes part of next month, too, before our home is complete). That is approximately 1/5 of the entire time we have been married.

We lived with Scott's parents 3 different times. First, right when we got married. Our apartment fell through only 3 weeks before our wedding, so we didn't have much choice. That was only for 1.5 months, until a spot opened up at Wymount married housing on campus. Second, while I did my student teaching. You can't really afford to live on your own, debt free, when only one of you is able to work a part-time job. And last, we moved in with them for the last 3 months we lived in Utah, to save money, before moving out to West Virginia for grad. school.

Now, we are living with my parents. It has been quite the long haul, waiting for employment, and now waiting for our home to be built. We have been so fortunate to have parents, with large homes and large hearts, to accomodate us during each of these periods in our life. We don't know what we would have done without them, but we are definitely looking forward to having a place of our own again. So, heres to never having to live with our parents again, but grateful that we've always had their support when we needed them.

We love you Moms and Dads!

1 comment:

janae said...

Man do I relate! I can't wait until we never have to live with family again! This makes me really want to make sure I have a spacious house, though. Sam's parents house could never accommodate us, and now that I live here I see the benefit of having a little extra space. I'm so excited about your new home - good luck getting packed this next month!