Sunday, March 28, 2010

Just Thoughts

* We went to our new ward today. It was scary. Not very many people talked to me, but they all just looked at us like "should we know who they are?". I hope we make friends fast and that it doesn't stay scary for a long time.

* I will be visiting the TC (Tri-Cities for those unknowing) more often than I thought. I guess the groceries and prices in Hermiston are bad enough for most people to make weekly trips to the TC for their food at Costco, or any other place that Hermiston does not have. All we do have is WalMart and Safeway. They told me to do all my shopping at Safeway. Noted!!

* Lucas is very enthusiastic about Primary. Maybe a little too enthusiastic. His first Sunday as a Sunbeam, he went to the microphone about 5 times, and kept trying to pull things off the front table and off the walls. He was getting better, but now we have a new Primary room, with new stuff on the tables, and new things on the walls. Oh boy.

* Easton is very good at making friends. He sat next to a boy in Primary and they talked to each other the whole time. Very quietly of course. His name is Aaron, and I think we will have to invite him over soon after we get settled.

* I tease Scott often about being in the Bishopric someday. He doesn't think it is very funny. Well, the people in our ward think it is funny too. The 1st Counselor is moving out soon, and they had to poke fun at Scott, tell him he moved into the ward just in time. That is not to say that it will actually happen, but I got a good kick out of it. Scott, of course, still doesn't think it is very funny.

* We went to our house to look at everything before our final walk through, and there are things that I already don't like. The color pallet. Floor samples, and counter top samples look a lot different in 2x2 format, than on the larger scale. Some things don't match right, and it bugs me. Oh well, we won't live in this house forever. This is what I keep telling myself.

* Final thought/rhetorical question: Why do I always get the church meeting times, that don't coinside with my children's nap/eating schedules? I vote to go back to the old way, sacrament meeting only on Sunday, primary during the week. And then when my kids are all the age of 4 and above, we can go back to the 3 hr. block schedule. You think the church would go for that? :)

2 comments:

janae said...

When we weren't moving so often, I coordinated my kids naps with church times. If we had church at 12:30, they napped at 10. If we have church at 9, they napped at 12:30. if we have church at 11, I hate life. :)

The Pingels said...

p.s. we have church at 11. need I say more?