Monday, March 15, 2010

Triplets?

This is a conversation I had at Barnes and Nobles the other day.

Lady: So, are they identical?
Me: (laugh) No, they aren't even twins.
Lady: (Jaw drops to the floor) Are you kidding, they look so much alike.
Me: I know, I get asked that question every day!

The conversation proceeded like it usually does: how far apart they are, why they are the same size, how often they get mistaken for twins, etc., etc.

Max is a good sized fella too. He is not as tall as Luke was, but he isn't even a year old and has to wear size 18 mo. clothes. So my question is: In another couple of years, will I start getting the question "Are they triplets?" Or will people just start thinking that Max and Easton are twins and Luke is the oldest?

P.S. Will I ever get the comment from someone that at least one of my kids looks like me, and not just my husband? Or am I doomed because they are all boys?

4 comments:

janae said...

Ha, ha! We get the twins, but (obviously) never the identical. That is hilarious! I wonder the same thing about my third. He was in 18 months clothes before a year as well. I was lucky, though, because although Seara and Elijah look nothing like me, Enoch is practically my twin. :)

DeAnne said...

Lucas totally looks like you! All. the. way.

The Watson's... said...

I think Easton looks like you and that Luke looks like Scott! It's too funny how people see each other so differently!

Marissa said...

Eliza started out bigger than Max and ended up much smaller. She's barely 17 lbs and still in 9mo clothes. And Easton used to look completely Pingel and now he's a good mix. I've always thought Luke was more Toolson, too.