Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Simple Earthly Pleasures



My boys can be entertained by the simple things that we find in everyday life. Today, while waiting for Easton's bus, Luke and Max had a fantastic time in our front yard with sticks, rocks, dirt, and grass.

Max, of course, loved the taste and feel of everything, except the grass. I don't know what it is about my kids at that age, but they have always disliked the feel of grass. I loved that he kept putting rock after rock in his mouth, hoping that just maybe, one of them wouldn't taste like a rock, but like something a little yummier.

Luke liked to imagine with his objects. His stick was a sword, and then he broke it in half and then they were spaceships flying through space. I love Lucas in his BYU hat, he reminds me of the dorky kid in Sandlot.

No, my boys don't need much to be entertained. Even when we took our boys to Disneyland 2 years ago (Easton was 2 1/2, and Luke was 14 months), Easton's favorite things were swinging on the ropes while standing in line, and 2 leaves that he played with the entire time while in line for Pirates of the Caribbean. If only kids could remain this easily entertained while growing up. It would sure save me a whole lot of money!

3 comments:

DeAnne said...

that is so cute. I love the movie Sandlot.

janae said...

All three of my kids hated grass and loved rocks at that age, too. It must be the age. :)

The Watson's... said...

Luke is very cute in his hat! I love little boys in baseball caps.